Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Minstrel


Here you go Miss Garland here’s my 2 dollars to go to the Minstrel! “ Thank you honey.” she replied. “YAH” I can’t wait to go and sing along with some of the kids from Parkvale school. As the kids started to line up I couldn't wait to go into the hall and see people perform songs for us. When I went in the hall, I heard kids laughing and as soon as my ears picked up that sound I knew that I was going to enjoy this Minstrel. After I took my first step in to the hall the way that I was feeling was basically indescribable, I was so happy it felt like......... um …......... it felt like I was grinning from ear to ear. Moments later the Minstrel people started telling the kids including myself about all of the main things to do and take when you go out fishing!!! First of all they told us some funny stuff about what they are going to do throughout the show. They said that when you hear the words “ Okey Dokey” You reply “ Hokey Pokey” and then you mouth does not say a word, squeak or a peep! 30 seconds after that the Minstrel man said the words “ OK Boo Boo.” 1 second after that everybody in that hall including myself started to laugh like crazy!!!! I heard some of the teachers laughing so I guess that the Minstrel man was pretty funny. The first song that he sang was about “ Seafood” He asked us how do you say seafood in Maori? He pointed to a girl named hope and she said that seafood in Maori is “ Kaimoana”. She gave the right answer so the Minstrel man called her up to the front of the hall and asked Hope the same question again and she gave the correct answer and that was “Kaimoana.” For giving the correct answer she got a prize and the prize was a poster that said “ Hiwi the kiwi goes fishing for the future”. She also got a sticker and on the sticker it said the exact same thing that it did on the poster. After that was over we gave her a great round of applause. As soon as she sat down the Minstrel man said “ Okey Dokey’ The School kids replied “Hokey Pokey” And their mouths didn’t say a word or peep or squeak, everything went silent. A few minutes later after the minstrel man talked to his wife about what they were going to do next. They decided to make us laugh and what they did made me laugh like I just had some with lot’s and lot’s and lot’s of sugar in it? The minstrel people put on a song and we had to clap to the beat. To make the kids laugh, every 3-5 minutes they stopped and we kept on clapping!!! They did that for about 15-20 minutes and then the man said “ Now, now kids settle down because now we are about to sing a song and in that song there will be a few hints for what to do and take when you go fishing. I can’t remember the words but I can remember two of the hints so I am going to tell you what two of them are! Number one is: To measure the fish when it’s cooler don’t forget to take the …...... can you guess what it is?? If you guessed a “ Ruler” you are correct. To measure the fish when it is cooler don’t forget to take the ruler!! Number two is: To keep the fish fresh and nice don’t forget to take some …...... can you guess what this one is?? If you guessed “ Ice” you are correct!! To keep the fish fresh and nice don’t forget to take some ice! Moments later the minstrel people started to sing a song for half an hour. “ HALF AN HOUR LATER” It was time to go back to class. Before we went the minstrel people said “ Kakita Ano” That’s Maori for “ Good Bye” I hope you liked this adventure about the minstrel so all I have left to say is “ Kakiti Ano” or “ Good Bye”.  

1 comment:

  1. Boy oh boy was that minstrel funny and enjoyable!!!!! The main thing is that I enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete