Thursday, September 05, 2013

Room 20 Egyptian Cartouches


This is room 20 kids Egyptian Cartouche art.  
Cartouches are like nameplates that go on coffins. Egyptians use symbols called HIEROGLYPHICS instead of letters. The symbols mean what your name sounds like in phonetic letters.  The Ancient Egyptians had applied rope to the outside of the cartouche to keep out the evil spirits. My artwork has 5 symbols. My real name is N-I-K-I-T-A but because it has to be what it sounds like in phonetic letters it is N-K-E-T-A.

Now that you know what a cartouche is I hope that you will have a go at home or wherever you get an opportunity to do one.


Here is a page of “ HIEROGLYPHICS ” to help you make and design your own cartouche.

So what are you waiting for, get creative and make your own cartouche that can say whatever you want it to.








4 comments:

  1. WOW I like how you explained everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elle.
    You are Awesome and a really good BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elle.
    You are Awesome and a really good BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, good job

    but my fav is the EGYPTIAN stuff

    ReplyDelete